What is My Stage of Development? Step-by-Step on the Path to Wisdom
The goal of this course is to help you locate your current stage of ego development - also known as identity development. We will review each of the stages in great detail and then provide you with the tools to help assess yourself. This will include lectures and verbal instruction as well as a short online test. There will be an additional lecture aimed to suggest next steps in your personal growth. The course run-time is approximately 3 hours.
Here is the Table of Contents for the Course!
Lecture 1 Topics: Setting the Stage for Stages
- Expanding Our Identities: Growth Over Time
- Why Try and Know Your Stage?
- The Goal of This Course: Assessing Your Current Stage
- How Real Are Stages?
- What About Cultural Variation?
- Formal Testing vs. This Self-Assessment Program
- Sincerity in Self-Assessment
- Are There Risks in Assessing One's Stage?
- Should We Talk About Our Stage with Others?
- Addressing Our Inner Critic
Lecture 2 Topics: Key Distinctions in Thinking About Stages
- Cognition vs. Ego Identity
- Ego Identity vs. Maturity
- Can We Regress?
- Identity and Relationships
- Stage of Identity, Age, and Life Stage
Lecture 3: Reviewing the Stages of Identity, Part I
- Introduction and Gender Issues
- Naming the Stages
- The Opportunist Stage
- The Diplomat Stage
- The Expert Stage
- The Achiever Stage
Lecture 4: Reviewing the Stages of Identity, Part II
- The Individualist Stage
- The Strategist Stage
- The Construct-Aware Stage, Part I
- Witnessing Meditation Practice
- The Construct-Aware Stage, Part II
- The Transpersonal Stage
- A Note on the Latest Stages
Lecture 5: Assessing Your Stage of Development
- Thinking About Probabilities
- The Early Probabilities
- The Later Probabilities
- The Likely Middles
- The Key Questions of Self-Assessment
- Age and Stage
- Education and Stage
- Group Experience and Stage
- Psychological and Spiritual Practice History and Stage
- Work Experience and Stage
- Family, Relationships, and Causes/Commitments and Stage
- Stage Resonance
Lecture 6: Practices and Intentions for Your Stage
- Basic Practices for Everyone
- Key Practice and Intention for the Opportunist stage
- Key Practice and Intention for the Diplomat stage
- Key Practice and Intention for the Expert stage
- Key Practice and Intention for the Achiever stage
- Key Practice and Intention for the Individualist stage
- Key Practice and Intention for the Strategist stage
- Key Practice and Intention for the Construct-Aware stage
- Key Practices and Intention for the Transpersonal stage
- Further Information About Dr. Forman's services